PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:36 am 

I have a task at hand that I need to complete fairly quickly and so I am looking for existing tools that would help me. I am new to PDFsharp and just started looking at the documentation, but I was hoping that if I get a definitive answer to my question it will determine whether I should even go down the PDFshapr path at all and if so, where should I look for specific details.

I have a collection of PDF documents (PDF version 1.4) created with text behind image. That is, you can save these PDFs as text in Adobe Reader, copy and paste etc. What I need is to convert them into image-only PDFs with minimal or no loss to the quality of the image. Essentially, I need to rip out the text parts of the original PDFs while leaving the image parts intact.

Right now I am doing a conversion from PDF to PDF using ImageMagick. This is not really a good solution for a few reasons. One is that this involves reprocessing of the image part that results in low-resolution documents of much larger size than the originals. Another reason is that this conversion takes forever and even sometimes freezes on certain documents.

So the question is this: can what I need be done using PDFsharp? If so, can you point me to relevant parts of the documentation, relevant samples and/or any other resources that might help me implement the conversion?

Thanks much!