PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 am 

We use MigraDoc and PDFsharp to produce PDF reports with lots of data tables in, some of them more than one page in length. My manager has asked that I put a "Continued on next page..." at the bottom of pages where a table flows over to the next page.

For my application, I can think of three possible things that might allow me to do what my manager has asked for:

1. Some sort of "put this after the end of the table on a page if the same table continues on the next page" parameter for tables.

2. Some sort of FooterFormat parameter for table rows that works like the HeadingFormat parameter, but only places the relevant row at the bottom of each page where the table flows over to the next page.

3. (Possibly the easiest to implement?) Some sort of list built up within the Document object of page numbers where the table at the end of the page has flowed over to the next page. My reasoning here being that I already have code that goes through all the pages in the document and adds a footer, so that code could just add the "Continued on next page" bit to relevant pages.